Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Cleaning Week 4: The Home Office. The Plan


The Home Office (and Dining room, for me) is this week.

I spend a phenomenal amount of time in this room browsing and working on the computer. It has occured to me since our tower died, we don't need this bulky set up.

With a laptop and wifi, I could work over at the dining room table and open up the curtains. (Right now the glare of the indows off this lap top screen makes that impossible.)

I could put our small white dresser here and a comfy chair and create a little reading spot. I'd like that.

However, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, unfortunately.

So, here's the plan:

Take the two computer towers I have and figure out if I can use parts from one for the other.



List for sale the working parts I can't use.

Cull books.

Organize drawers in the desk.

Get the room ready for Easter Dinner.

As for the specific Cleaning tasks, here they are:

Dust and wash walls
Dust and wash shelves
Clean baseboards
Wash floor with Wood Cleaner and Refurbisher
Wash/Touch up desk drawers
Vacuum screens
wash windows
Wipe down telephone

Declutter:
Paper work (toss last years bills, etc)
bookshelves



Redundant files of the computer (not too many of those!)
E-mail
China cabinet


Busy week ahead, especially as I've some projects from the living room yet to finish.

1 comment :

onshore said...

I use my laptop in the living room although we have the office too.
Laptop does not really need a desk.

I too have lot of tasks unfinished in the living room. Last week was a bit on the lazy side.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...