Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Medicine Cabinets





I did these not too long ago. Looking back, I see, to my shame, that I didn't even attempt to clean the shelves. I was probably rushed.

I was a tad rushed doing these, too.

The upstairs bathroom cabinet.

Those prescription bottles were empty.


I had to use my scraper to get up the gunk on the bottom shelf.



It was quite nasty. But it is all gone now, thank goodness!


Downstairs didn't take long.





You know how the organizing advisers always say to sort and keep "Like with Like"? They usually mean things like all the bandaids and bandages, etc should be kept together. But not in my cabinet. "Like with Like" means things of similar height will be grouped together.



I also did the cabinet beside this one. It took a little longer.
I forgot to grab a "before" shot!


This is all a precursor to the weekend assignment coming up, of course: cleaning the entire bathroom! I'll focus most of my efforts on the one downstairs. I need to clean and seal the grout.

It's really not going to all that fun.

****************************************************
Want to share in the agony? Have these posts delivered right to your inbox!






**************************************************

4 comments :

Unknown said...

I wonder if you could take and adhere a clean mini pad where the toothbrush "junk" collects. That way you could pull it off and replace with a clean one when they are dirty. Just a thought, it might save you a little time and energy cleaning and not break the wallet. There are so many extra uses for so many products out there, someone else might have a better idea.

We have electric toothbrushes and I place them on a wash cloth. I throw them in the wash when they get the "junk" on them. LOL I would think a wash cloth might be too thick to place in the medicine cabinet.
Gina in Chattanooga, TN

Alana in Canada said...

That is quite the mess, isn't it? Thanks for the suggestion, though I'm not sure what you mean by a "mini cleaning pad"?

Unknown said...

I mean a (clean of course) women's feminine hygiene product--mini pad. Peel and stick to the bottom of the cabinet, when it gets soiled, toss and replace. It would keep from ever having to scrub or scrape that area. I guess I think outside the box on that kind of stuff, however a soap dish might work well under the toothbrushes, then you could just soak/wash every so often... Or you might could cut down an old wash cloth or old towel to fit that area without being bulky and not allowing your toothbrushes to rest properly.
Gina in Chattanooga, TN

Alana in Canada said...

That is thinking out of the box! Not a bad idea, really. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...