Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The 40 Bag Basement.


Sometimes, I think I have carried out so much stuff out of my house that there can't be anything more to declutter. And then I go to the basement.

Starting Wednesday, (tomorrow!) the author of the blog White House Black Shutters is hosting an odd Lenten ritual: 40 bags in 40 days.



The idea is to get rid of a bag of crap every day during Lent. The bags can be any size--and they can be for donation or garbage or recycling. They can even be boxes. Doesn't matter. As long as they leave!

My basement is my nemesis. It is my crucible. It is where things go to die--but without a proper burial.

It is time.



My fingers are just itching to make space: but I am also feeling completely overwhelmed. There's stuff down here from the clear out I did this time last year in the dining room and bedroom. I know what I've used and what I haven't--so as long as I don't let sentimentality get in the way, it really should go smoothly. As well, there's stuff down here I have tried to get rid of before (like the telescope)--and it just didn't sell. Do I just donate it, this time around?

Decisions, decisions, decisions. That's all clutter is: procrastinated decisions.

Time to make some.

Report on Day One is here.


****************************************************
Want to know what my basement looks like de-crapified? Have these posts delivered right to your inbox!






**************************************************

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...