Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 9.7 Just a few bits left....

With all this focus on Wardrobe Therapy, I've sort of lagged behind on my Apartment Therapy tasks. There's just a little bit left to do and this post is to remind me in the morning to get up off the computer and just do them! I don't have the car today, so any errands that need to be run have to wait until tomorrow. Updates on Sunday in purple. Monday
A.
1. Cut curtain pole with hacksaw.
Wow. That worked. And it didn't cry or anything! Looks like it'll be a tight fit, but that's OK.2. Mount bracket hardware for curtain rod.
Ran into a problem with this. The screw in the bracket which holds in the rod is stuck into it and I can't get it out. May have to run to Ikea for another bracket. That'll have to be tomorrow. I called, fortunately they will be open. (Sunday is Remembrance Day here). Husband came home and fixed it. Done.3. Hang curtains. Done. Of course, I'm not finished with them. Looking at them closely I noticed they have a french seam up the very middle. Looking closer, I noticed I can take out that seam very easily and create two panels. I just need to find my seam ripper, put a table in here and do a side seam. And iron them.
B.
1. Prime board, both sides.
1st side done, 10:30 am, 2nd side done, 1:15 pm.2. Paint board, 2 coats each side.
1st side, 1st coat: 2:15pm. (made a mess of my manicure). 2nd coat: 10:30pm
2nd side: 1st coat: 10:30am. 2nd side: LAST COAT!!!! 10:00 pm .
C.
1. Put books on shelves in dining room.
This is interesting. Well, to me, at any rate. The books are hardly taking up any space at all. In fact, there's so much "open" space on these shelves I'm not sure what to do. Leave it open? Fill it up with bric-brac and totchkes? I love having this problem. I may just leave it open for now.2. Style shelves while paint dries.
see above.
D.
1. Cover desk drawers with "almond" contact paper.
Changed my mind. White will look better. Fortunately, I have some! But I didn't have enough. I got 5 of the 7 drawers done. Done. 7/7. Done, done, done. (because, of course, I did a quick weed through of the contents of each and culled as I went.)
E.
1. Move the white table from daughter's room into dining room. Done.
F.
1. Take pic of the desk and "wall of shelves."
2. Take pic of kitchen shelf.
3. Create flickr slideshow.

There's a few more things on my list in the side-bar, but as soon as the above is completed, I will have done as much (and more) as I wanted to get done this cure!

The end is near. I wish it were here.

5 comments :

Poppy Frock said...

You continue to amaze me with your vision, organization and persistence.

scb said...

Bit by bit, inch by inch, this last part will get done, and we'll all celebrate madly with you when it's completed!!

[ I have to admit I felt a wince of anticipatory pain on behalf of the curtain pole when I read "cut curtain rod with hacksaw". I anthropomorphize things too much... ;) ]

scb said...

Wow, you've certainly made progress today! Clever idea, to put the updates in the original post.

(I went shopping today -- see my blog for details!)

(And I saw some Lancome lipstick that's a really nice red, I may consider it -- I didn't ask the price today.)

zooza said...

You get so much done in a day, it's tiring just to read about. You're so nearly there and I can't wait to see the final photos.

It's probably a good decision to leave the spaces on the bookshelves open for now - in my experience, they will fill up soon enough.

Alana in Canada said...

That's quite a compliment coming from you, Zooza, thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...