Friday, November 30, 2007

Update on Bathroom


We are now looking for a new toilet--for the downstairs bath, alas, not the upstairs (which needs both a new floor and a new toilet). The husband is in charge of this project. Installing toilets is dead simple even when you have to replace the flange. We can't even tell what kind of condition it's in. We can tell it's brass. I have a horrible feeling I will take on the nasty job of cleaning it so we can see how bad it is.

I did mention how it was "too bad" that we were replacing the toilet that "wasn't the worst"--and after the husband pointed out that the bowl of the one downstairs is cracked and so is the lid of the tank, I said, "Yes, but someone tried to paint the upstairs toilet (yes, they did) and it's a flaky mess (it is), the paint is peeling off the aluminum tank top, and the inside of the bowl is gross and the thing oozes green slime (it does).

Later, much later, he says, "well, after we've replaced this toilet, maybe it won't be so hard to replace the one upstairs."

Puh-leeze. Make it so.

2 comments :

Colleen said...

fingers crossed that you get 2 new toilets for Christmas...

thefarmersdaughter said...

I have replaced 2 toilets in my life. One was with my Dad about 25 years ago at our home- the other was with 2 friends of mine after a rather rowdy party at their house. It's not pretty, but it's not hard. Once your husband puts that first one in, the second will be a snap.

By not pretty, I actually mean rather gross. Wear gloves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...