Thursday, March 27, 2008

Boom da da Boom.

I've had a rough couple of days. Feeling stuck. Yesterday's muttering post was a good way to help me prioritize and figure out what to do next. That left today to implement it.

I went downstairs and looked at this:


That's the miniature house project box with the lovely red table cloth on the top--and the children's artwork piled beside it.

I opened the top file drawer.


I closed the drawer.

After the husband got home, I took him downstairs and opened the drawer. I said, "You closed the business 8 years ago. Can we let go of this, now?"
He said, "Was it that long ago?"
"Sure."

And so, after supper, I sorted and tossed the two top drawers of the filing cabinet like so:


(That blue bag in the back weighed 15 lbs).
I just have to check with Revenue Canada to see how far back we need to keep tax returns. I know I have a copy of every single one I've filed, and it looks like the husband does too.

3 comments :

Colleen said...

the way you are powering through your basement is truly inspirational. every time you post a picture, I'm astonished at the changes. Any time you are feeling overwhelmed, just know that a whole crew of people are in awe of what you've already accomplished, and can't wait to see the end result!

Alana in Canada said...

Thank you so much! That's encouraging. You don't notice things day by day too much, do you?

zooza said...

Hooray! The taxes are gone! I bet that feels good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...