Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cord Progress


The two black thingys around the cords are velcro--attached with an upholstery tack, just as Zooza recommended. It's brilliant. The tack is long enough to hold well and the head is big enough for me to whack at odd, cramped angles. I did about 10 feet of these two cords: (one's a three prong for the washing machine, the other a simple two prong for my lamp).

The thick white cord is the wiring for the dryer and goes to its own junction box (which it shares with the stove) on the other side of the basement. It's a different voltage of wire, just so you know.

As you can see, it's a nasty, dirty, rotten job, but I'm so grateful. Thanks Zooza.

Anyone know what we can do with that insulation peeking around the top edges? It's all the way around the basement. Keeps us toasty, I imagine. And can I paint the grey "patches"?

2 comments :

Poppy Frock said...

Cord solution looks great...I'm going to try it myself.

If the grey patches are concrete, then you should be able to paint them...they may soak up a lot of paint if they are unprimed, but instead of purchasing primer, just use up your stash of old paint...that's what we did on our unprimed concrete & stone basement walls. Were you planning on repainting the entire space? If the patches are caulking, I know from experience that some caulking is paintable and some is not...test to see...if the paint just beads up, you'll know you can't paint.

Don't have a brilliant solution for disguising the insulation...cutting cardboard to fit might work, but cutting wood or sheet metal seems like a heckuva lot of work

Poppy Frock said...

I was thinking more about this, and I wonder if you could nail up sheets of some lightweight material onto the rafters as a ceiling? I know a dropped ceiling would eat up valuable headroom, but if you nailed directly to the rafters??????? Of course I have no good ideas as to what that lightweight material might be???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...