Sunday, July 12, 2009

First Coat Complete.

The first coat on the window trim, that is. I always forget how much time it takes to wash, rinse and tape. The painting is the least of it, really.



The lighter colour scheme really should open this room up, don't you think? I know the current trend is to make small dark rooms smaller and darker, to "blur the boundaries" so to speak, but I just don't like it.



The kids are off to their 1/2 day VBS tomorrow morning. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to it!

6 comments :

drwende said...

Progress! Yay!

The trend to make small, dark rooms smaller and darker seems to be popular with people who are only home at night.

Alana in Canada said...

Ah, yes. That makes sense!

zooza said...

Looking good! I love what you have done to the fire surround (I know - I'm a bit late with that comment). It looks fabulous.

And Wende - spot on. I would never have thought of that. I guess a lot of people rarely see their homes in daylight for any length of time.

scb said...

I hadn't thought about the "only at night" part of it, either, I just know that I like light rather than dark. More uplifting, somehow.

Yay for you, and yay for some time while the kids are off at VBS!

Anne At Large said...

Looks great, I can't wait for more pictures!

thefarmersdaughter said...

what a great start!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...