Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Timely Broadcast: Mark Bittmen on CBC

Today's (Tuesday, Sept 1) broadcast on Q: It is the first item.

I like his approach. Foods aren't "good" or "bad" but exist on a spectrum from "harmful," to "benign," to "beneficial."

And the zowie for me: The important choice is not between local and non-local, organic and not. The choice that matters is between plant and non-plant: to choose less meat, less processed and more plants. Period.

Have a 1/2 hour?
Have a listen.

Bittman on Q

I did the googling for you: 101 Salads

3 comments :

Anne At Large said...

I can't wait to have time to listen - I love his Bitten blog in the NYT.

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks, Anne! I didn't know he had a blog. I just heard about him the day before yesterday reading min/min's blog.

thefarmersdaughter said...

when I have the speakers installed on this new computer (don't ask, the Mr FORGOT) I will.
I so want to eat less red meat in my diet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...