Thursday, October 22, 2009

Doctor of Quitology

I love these certificates.



Isn't it silly how something so frivolous can be so rewarding? A certificate generated by a computer--but created by someone likely toiling earnestly in a government public health office, who knows where, but with that rarest of qualities: a sense of humour, and the wherewithal to get his or her sense of whimsy to prevail through the bureaucracy. An achievement almost as difficult as quitting smoking--and staying quit.

For one whole year.
I love it.

(I'll love it even more next year when our life insurance premiums are lowered).

2 comments :

scb said...

I just saw this now, and I have to say loudly and proudly:

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!

That is a remarkable achievement. Good for you. Let's celebrate!!!!

drwende said...

Whoa! I'd forgotten all about your stop-smoking project! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...