Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dining/Office In Progress and a little bit of Christmas

It always gets worse before it gets better.
And that's a good thing, right?
I forget.



This is why I am taking every item off of every shelf and washing it down.
Yech.



The table is a mess--but look how nicely that Expedit is cleaning up! Can you believe I actually went back to flickr to see how it looked the first time I got it loaded? There was room to breathe back then!


The kitchen table, thankfully, is clear, though. This greeted me this morning.

(My son wants you to know he has since added the missing "T")


I think it's in response to this lovely little fellow I brought home last night. (I've noticed that Pink Loves Brown has hers out and I was smitten when I saw this black beauty.)


It just seems so Canadian, somehow.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Love it! I need to tidy/totally re-haul our office/music room. I avoid this because I don't know what to do with all the amps. Also the snakes live in here. It's really quite a mish-mash.

scb said...

I'm going to start at the bottom and work my way up, because I have to say first of all that I love that gorgeous deer (?) elk (?) reindeer (?) Whatever he is, he's beautiful.

And a very Merry Christmas back to your son! (and the rest of the family. November 13 is definitely not too early to begin greetings!) Yesterday when I was in the florist's, I was looking at the lovely Christmas decorations they had for sale, and thought "I should get out some of my Christmas things" (last year I didn't have much heart for decorating). Then I told myself I needed to get the apartment put to rights before I even *thought* about bringing anything out.

I think self-cleaning shelves need to be invented. I'm just looking at the top of the bookcase in the living room and wondering how thick the dust is on it. Oh dear.

How lovely the Expedit will look when it's done (and I remember when you first got it -- it's so great to be able to do that!)

Mella DP said...

Oh, love the reindeer. I'd want one too.

marisa said...

lovely! you are getting there, for sure. my dining room is in a similar state (and is also where my files are). i figure i have two weeks until thanksgiving. that's my dining-room-deadline!

Anne At Large said...

That is a very handsome reindeer, for sure.

And I'm glad to hear the Expedit is cleaning up well, I always wonder about Ikea stuff.

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

Hahahahah, LOVE the legos! Do you think your son can do one for me?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...