Thursday, November 5, 2009

Planning for the Holidays


Thank you all so very much for your feedback on the living room and the ottoman, especially. Tonight, when the hubby asked me for my final decision, I was able to say, without hesitation, that I was keeping it. I even quoted some of your comments.

I am content.

Earlier this week, I signed up for a course called Organizing for the Holidays at Simplify 101. Last year I was in such a funk, I nearly missed Christmas altogether. It was sad. The happiest Christmas I remember was when I followed Flylady's Christmas plan, many years ago. I didn't want to return to Flylady: but I feel I need something to keep me on track and moving forward.

This course is structured very differently from what Marla Cilley would do, but it also offers a gallery and message board to help keep each other moving forward which will be helpful to me, I think.

There are lessons: a pre-lesson, 3 proper before Christmas, and 2 after. Our first (pre-lesson) assignment was to create a Holiday Planning Binder with an optional decorated front. I did mine tonight and I'm pleased with it. I'm even more pleased that I was able to put my hands on all the various scrap booking supplies needed to assemble this, even though I haven't scrapped a thing for about two years, now.

That's it up there. (Very 2007, but that's what I had on hand!)

The next assignment is to come up with an "inspirational guiding statement" to bring us through the holidays. I'm working on it!

2 comments :

scb said...

I like this. I like this idea a lot. I'll be reading your posts with interest. (I'm currently procrastinating on dealing with the "art" for my Christmas card, etc.) I want to make Christmas special -- it's so different now with the three of us in different places, but I want to be able to enjoy the "alone" parts of Christmas without getting maudlin. That's going to take some planning, I think.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the holiday planning (like the planner!); I struggle with how to appropriately celebrate the holidays living so far from family and feeling somewhat apathetic about them otherwise (that sounds terrible, but true).

My home was also at it's best when I was rigorously following FlyLady. I couldn't maintain, but haven't found another system that is so effective. Sigh...what a pain it is to be disorganized.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...