Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Power of Fifteen Minutes

Once again, I am involved in a Simplify 101 course. This one is called, Organizing 101. The instructor, Aby Garvey, has challenged us to find something to de-clutter or organize every day for at least 15 minutes during the six weeks of the course. Yesterday, I finished my first project, which I did with my 12 year old son.

Before: (Sunday)



After: (Wednesday)



Note the dishpans on the bottom! Perfectly good storage containers (and at the right price point for us, too!). Note, too, how although I have different storage containers: they are grouped like with like. The whole thing is much more pleasing to the eye that way. It's one of Aby's great little tips.

Today, I went into his room and said, "Dude, your choice. We can spend 15 minutes on your desk top, or your dresser top," and then I wandered away to find the camera. When I got back, his desk top was neat and orderly.



I'm thrilled.

We have to clean off the bulletin board and the wall yet, obviously.

For the next few days, I will be working on the upstairs linen closet. More on that tomorrow.

1 comment :

thefarmersdaughter said...

that looks fantastic! even better getting your son involved- this is a lesson all kids should learn and sadly so many don't.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...