Monday, August 23, 2010

Pottery Barn Inspired Bathroom...a.l.m.o.s.t. t.h.e.r.e.....

Ugh. I really, really wanted to enter the entire bathroom makeover to the CSI Projects contest, but I'm not quite done.

The new shelves aren't finished and the glass place will take three weeks to finish re-mounting our broken mirror and making a glass shelf. But, other than that, since last Sunday night, when I came up with the hair-brained idea of trying to pull off a Pottery Barn Inspired Powder Room in one week, I have done the following:

1) Painted the entire room based on the colours in the Pottery Barn Bed and Bath Catalogue. You can read how that came together in this post.

2) Spray painted the hanging basket:

(accessorized it better, too!)


3) Spray painted the old Ikea spice rack:



4) Spray painted the light fixture (from white to black):



5) Purchased and installed a new toilet roll holder:



6) Purchased and installed a new light switch and switch plate cover:



7) Gave the poor old toilet a makeover:



(Essentially, I spray painted the tank lid and hubby installed a new seat. Yes, there's a story. Maybe someday I'll tell it.)

8) And, I sewed a curtain for the window.



That story I did enter into the CSI Projects contest!)

Not bad for a week's work!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...