Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October!

Cathy Zielske wants to know
if fall leaves are crunching underfoot, or the heat and humidity are keeping those leaves firmly on the branches.

Hmmm. I'm beginning to think there won't be many leaves left on the trees at all soon. I took this picture this morning at about 8:30am. I love the colours of Fall.

We went camping with my son's Scout Troop last weekend at a lake about two hours away. This was our tent site:


The dark greens and intense golds are typical in this part of the country. Red and orange are quite rare, which makes me treasure the Mountain Ash beside the house more than ever.

But, I don't like the fact that Fall heralds even colder temperatures to come. I'm wrapped up in a blanket while I type this, already.

But it is pretty. The tree, at noon, today.

You can tell how far North we are by looking at those shadows! At noon! (Daylight savings Time. Isn't it about time for that to be over already?!)

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...