Monday, October 25, 2010

The Kitchen Cure

(The obligatory before shot)

Apparently, it has already begun over at the kitchn section of Apartment Therapy. I found out last night when I was checking my spam filter at 2am.

So, in a fit of craziness, I've decided to take part--on week 2 of a four week project!

Oh well, better late than never.

Today I plunged straight in with a clean out of the freezer compartment on my refrigerator. It really needed it: things were falling and sliding out of there.

No wonder:

(This could explain why we were having difficulties keeping the door closed, of all the stupid things.

So, it all came out.



I wanted a container for the bags of frozen veggies I keep up here, so I measured the fridge and then tried out a couple I already owned. No dice. Turns out the shelves on the door impinge upon the space inside the fridge. So, I purchased the smallest container I thought I could get away with. It works. Really well, actually. And I got it at the dollar store!! So happy I decided to stop in there on my errand run today!

And so, here we are:


Obviously, some stuff didn't get to go back in.
Four chicken carcasses wiating to be made into broth didn't make the cut.
And neither did this:


Yep. It's bags of old, stale bread.

The birds have flown...so it is time to say, bye, bye, Birdie.

(Hey, that reminds me of a song....)

1 comment :

Leena said...

Thanks for the link, I'm going to partisipate too! Sounds like a fun challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...