Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb #8: Beautifully Different

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

What makes me different?
Different from what?
Other people?
I have no idea what makes me different from other people.
I don't know other people: at least I don't know them like myself.
I can't answer this question.


Let's see.

Yes. I must limit my answer to what I can observe: I want to stay away from the land of assumptions.

what is unique to me?

my sense of humour--
That is an assumption, by the way. Has anyone even seen my sense of humour lately? Could we recognize it if we did see it?) But everyone's own sense of humour is unique, so that's safe.

my body shape--
Yep, that's unique to me. No doppelgangers or identical twins running around as far as I know.

But Karen, yech. blech. No, not that. Not beautiful.

Functional (most of the time), serviceable, loyal. Man, is it loyal. No matter what crap I throw at it, it gets me up out of bed and through each and every day. I had ice cream the other day for supper. Then I did a work out. Surprise, surprise, I was fatigued during the work out. But we kept going. Poor body. I can be quite mean to it. But it is faithful to me. I had back pain so bad last week I could barely stand upright. What did I do? That's when I started my walking work outs. I took it easy, just got the blood flowing. Within three, four days I was pain free. In the right frame of mind, I could be persuaded to say I love my body. It is a good body when I treat it well.

But beautiful?

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...