Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 5: Home Office Week; The Hybrid Plan


Everyone has been quiet since the beginning of the week. I had been starting to feel a bit worn down by everything--but I went on a big shopping trip today, (more on that later) and I'm raring to go again.

I will post the "Official" plan--and then tell you what I really want to accomplish this week which may or may not be similar to the Official Plan.

source: Emily A. Clark This is her home office (and Expedit).


From The Book:
In Apartment Therapy, The Eight Step Cure, by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, Week Five deals with the Home Office, however humble it may be. The following is from p. 156.

Bones:
Take care of repairs this week.
Clean office area and related closets.
Vacuum, dust, and mop throughout.

Breath:
Declutter files
Tackle cord octopus.
Try a one-day fast.

Heart:
Buy fresh flowers.
Choose at least one soft or hard thing to add or subtract.

Head:
Cook three meals at home this week.
Eat at home Sunday through Thursday.
Go to bed early and read before sleep.
Optional: Look into wireless technology.


Spring Cleaning List:

Dust and wash walls
Dust and wash shelves
Clean baseboards
Clean floor with Murphy’s Oil
Wash/Touch up/paint desk supports
Vacuum screens
Wash windows
Wipe down telephone
Clean moniter
Clean computer keyboard


source: Colour Me Happy. (This is the top of a bookcase of Maria's. Why am I showing you vignettes of the tops of shelves and things? Hmmmm.

Declutter:

Paperwork (toss last years bills, etc.)
Book shelves
Redundant files on computer
Clean out e-mail
China cabinet

Wouldn't it be lovely to get all that done?

source: Made By Girl What is a picture of a bathroom doing in a post about home office week? Simple: I love the curtain. (see below)


In addition to the decluttering I've planned above (and the paperwork may take an entire day) my tasks are:
  • Wash desk
  • Wash windows
  • Vacuum screens
  • Sew curtains for dining room and living room
  • Sew covers for living room chairs
  • Style the top of the Expedit, the China cabinet and the bookcase
  • Wash floors in living room and dining room. (Can you tell I kind of fell behind in cleaning the living room?)

What is in store for you this week?

3 comments :

onshore said...

Yes I agree, I've been feeling bit worn down too. Glad you've found your spirit again.

You have a very ambitious list, but maybe it pushes one to do more, even if there is not time for everything.

I should also sew a cover for the armchair in the office, I doubt I'm going to get it done this week, but if I would atleast buy the fabric.

thefarmersdaughter said...

love your list.
Real life is getting me down- I have allergies, the boy had his birthday parties last week, a concert this week and 3 different dr. appointments (all reg. check ups) We had horrid storms and lost power multiple times. Our backyard flooded and the river was the highest I have EVER seen here.

I HOPE to be back on the spring cleaning/organizing/cure schedule sometime at the end of the week. Hope being the key word.
I am in awe of your progress and plans though....and I love that home office pic....

scb said...

I've posted my before pics, but that post isn't showing in your list, even though I posted them yesterday. How very odd.

I'll be doing another post about specific plans for the week, but I *have* done a post since 5 days ago!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...