Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Clutter Control Day 2

I didn't get done what I wanted to do.

I wanted to fix this mess:


Many moons ago, I disassembled this light fixture in order to re-wire the contraption. I never did get around to it and I decided that it was time to have some light back in this room.

(It is North facing--and it is astonishing how stuff just piles up inside the cave. Did I mention this is the ceiling fixture for the dining room/home office? Yes. Where I'm sitting now.)

(I'm cringing)

I can not find the little hardware bits I needed to put things back together. I found some--but not all. I thought I'd been so careful about it all, too. I'm quite disappointed in myself. sigh. I guess that's one of the tests of being a well-organized person.

If you can start a project with bits--and not manage to lose the bits for the project when it's time to reassemble--you pass!

So, instead--

I worked on putting together a bunch of school supplies with my daughter (and we cleared the floor beside her bed in the process, yay!).

I went through a drawer (looking for the bits) and found three cameras we no longer use (one broken). I found the disks that go with the cameras, put them together in a baggie, and two are now in the donation station.

I went through another drawer and made a list of the containers I need to put inside it to hold everything properly.

I cleaned out my purse.

Yesterday, my daughter and I went shopping--I told her to start without me. I told her the list was in my purse. When I returned, she was holding two lists in her hands--and neither was the right one. I couldn't find the one we needed until we were headed out of the store. Geesh.

Then, because I had to have something to show for today's efforts, I cleaned off two surfaces which constantly need it:

The front hallway (sorry, no before. It was good, too. You couldn't get the door shut for all the shoes and roller blades):



and the back:



ta da!



It's not your imagination. The second image is brighter as well as tidier. I finally got around to replacing all three burnt out bulbs in the overhead fixture.

This is good.

1 comment :

onshore said...

Hope you find teh bits you've lost. Nothing more annoying that not being able to do something because of some small things.

But very good achievements else where!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...