Thursday, August 18, 2011

What a Feeling!

It's beginning to pay off--already!

Today, I decided to implement parts of my old, beloved, Morning Routine.

I've decided that as I clear off surfaces (so far--the kitchen table and a cabinet and a dresser which are clutter magnets!) I will go around the house for 15 minutes and clear them off again. It actually doesn't take a whole 15 minutes to deal with these--if I keep up with them daily!

I decided to do this,

1) so that I get back in the habit of my morning de-cluttering routine. (I used to do the whole house in 15 minutes every morning!)

and

2) most importantly to me, so that I don't feel like I'm falling behind. When I put my nose down and get involved in a "project"-- even de-cluttering-- I tend to hyperfocus on whatever I am doing at the moment and let everything else fall by the wayside. It's quite counter-productive--and decidedly deranged when it comes to de-cluttering! But, if I de-clutter the areas I've already cleared out before I start the day's project--then I feel like I am making progress!

So, this morning, I did my 15 minute tidy--and washed the dishes directly after breakfast. Then, I set the timer and decluttered my desk for 15 minutes.

As I showed you yesterday:



and today:



Three days ago, the kitchen counter looked like this:



It's taken that long, but this morning, finally, I have the counter back in my clutter comfort zone.



A few minutes ago, I walked from the desk to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and back to the desk to begin this post--and I felt lighter. I felt like someone had released a band around my forehead. I hadn't even realised I'd felt oppressed.

Now, I remember. I've had this feeling before, too. But I was taken by surprise. It made me happy.

Next?


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...