Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall Mantel


I finally did it.

Temperatures here have been so wonderfully warm that I haven't felt like decorating for fall at all. In fact, I'm a bit upset that fall is here already--'cause I never got my "summer" look for the living room as completely pulled together as I would have liked. I was waiting to show that off--and here it is, fall, already!

But, here was the summer mantle.

So simple, you might not even say it was "decorated"--which, strangely enough, is kind of how I wanted it.

(Please don't mind me there--in pink!)

Inspired by Layla Palmer's Fall Mantle Link-up party, I set about to create something. I took it as an opportunity to play with neutrals and texture--and spend no money. (I did break down and buy the gourds last night, though. Glad I did).

Something about this seems off. Is globe is too big?

However, there are elements I just love:


The white pumpkin. These are fabulous. I love the creamy whiteness against the rough, old, book.

Look at these faded roses. Love them. They say "fall" to me.



I like the different "golds", here.


Overall, I think it works.

Maybe.


(Since I got this done in time to link up, that's just what I'll do. It's a great resource!)

The Lettered Cottage

1 comment :

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Very pretty and I love the globe!!!

I'm your newest follower. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...