Thursday, September 29, 2011

Linen Closet Organization

One night last week, I tried to put some sheets away in the upstairs hall closet.

(Now I have a shiny, bright, new laundry room, I finally washed all the sheets that had been waiting to be done.)

I couldn't do it. It was just full.

So, while I should have been putting my daughter to bed, I emptied the linen closet and sorted things in her room while she read our bed-time book to me.

I've known for some time that I needed to weed things out--so without even running for the camera to take a before picture--I started with the sheets and pillow cases.

Here's a photo from the last time I cleaned out the closet.

May 2010. Sixteen months ago.

See all those pillow cases and pillow case covers on that bottom shelf? See the swiffer hanging off the door to the left? Well, I bought and hung up a broom there some time ago--and the dust from the broom would rub off on the pillow cases and pillow protectors.

eeeeww.

I know.

The solution was dead simple, but I only thought of it the other night.

Move the pillow protectors and pillow cases!

Talk about a duh moment.

So, while my eleven year old read me Harry Potter, I got rid of a few sheets and pillowcases. (I still have too many!) I also got rid of two rag rugs--one shredded--why on Earth did I still have that?

I've been looking for pretty containers for my pillowcases and stuff, but I'm finding myself reluctant to shell out cold hard cash for them.

So, this will have to do.


Not very pretty. Not full of cleverness.

But I can get the sheets put away, now!
And I'm back to reading Harry to her.

2 comments :

onshore said...

Hehey, we've been doing about same things, you've done closet organizing and I've done closet organizing.

This looks very functional and that is what is most important.

BTW which Potter are you reading? My favourite is the 3rd. It's where can be read a lot about the history and why things are like they are.

willg said...

Thanks for the tips and information, I've been using Closet Organization as my own brand of therapy for years now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...