Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Whirlwind

I haven't been spending as much time with the kids in their rooms as I would have liked this week. This evening I set the timer for 15 minutes and announced to my son that we were clearing off the top of his desk.


He clearly needed more room!

Well, in order to move items off his desk, we had to move items from his shelves. In moving items from his shelves, we got rid of a lot of small toys, filled a small kitchen bag's worth of garbage, cleared out some drawers, tidied the bulletin board and cleaned up the wall. (I told him he could put everything back up if he wished after a week, but to my surprise, he just took everything down, crumpled it up and threw it away.)

After 45 minutes, we had this:



When I went into his room to take this picture, I said to him, "Hey Dude. Thanks. That was a lot of fun."

and he replied, "Well, it wasn't fun, but I like the result."

Me too.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...