Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Checklist: Rerun.

I wanted to build on yesterday's momentum: and so I began going down the list of things to do on my Weekly Cleaning Schedule.

Weigh myself: check.
Whew, things are not quite as bad as I had feared, but the scales are definitely creeping back up. No surprise, there, really. I am thinking of doing a January "daily" of accountability on the blog, focusing on daily workouts and eating well at every meal. Today, I saw that Cathy Zielske is doing a year long course on just this subject. I'm thinking about signing up.

Make bed: check

Wash breakfast dishes: Well, they were really last night's supper dishes. But, yeah, what the heck, check.

Pick up house. check.


Right now, this could easily take most of the afternoon if I let it. So, I set the timer and focused on the living room and getting the ornament boxes and stuff put away.

Swish and swipe: downstairs, yes. upstairs, no.

Laundry: check.
I folded and put away a load. The rest of the process is held up waiting for a load of towels to dry (again).

Review calendar, make to-do list:
1. bake muffins (done)
2. make soup
3. bake cookies
4. start working on calendar. (oh yes, I'm doing housework, actually, as a way of procrastinating this task.)

Do one essential thing: check. Yesterday when I went through all those papers, I made a list of things I needed to do. Today, I took action on some of the items on the list. Go me.

As for the weekly tasks:

I'm catching up on Sunday's and Monday's tasks.

Tuesday's:
Clean out purse: check
dust: no. (surprise, surprise.)
vacuum living room, front entry, back entry and stairs: well, no, but I did vacuum the master bedroom and I'm quite happy I did.

3 comments :

Carol-Anne said...

Your living room looks gorgeous!

onshore said...

Even with all the holiday storage boxes I think your livingroom looks very neat. Open somehow.

Well done on the tasks!

for the love of a house said...

wow, you've been busy Alana! But, it sounds and looks like you are making great progress. Your stockings on the mantel look so charming and sweet, and I especially love that you pup is there to "help"!!
I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
joan

p.s. thank you so much for leaving your calling card and for your very sweet and touching note- thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...