Monday, January 30, 2012

Grouting begins--Hooray!

I feel better this morning than I have in a long, long time.
.
We started grouting last night. As soon as our first 3x3 patch as done, I knew everything was going to be OK.
.
.
We put in the last tile on Tuesday of last week.
.
We gave the honour to our son who helped a lot.
.
I spent five days staring at those three walls in horror and disappointment. They looked awful. The lines didn't match up, the tiles start out one width at the bottom and are quite another at the top. Tiles bulged and dipped. All three walls are wavy and crooked.
.
Not what I thought we would end up with after 10 weeks of work.
.
Nonetheless.
.
Now that two walls are grouted, the waviness and the crookedness are still there, but they don't accuse me quite so loudly anymore.
.
The top niche is grouted, the bottom isn't yet. Huge difference.
.
And they are shiny.
.
Whew.
.
Next, we have to caulk where ever there is a change of plane, paint the ceiling over the tub and shower (or, at least cut it in before I caulk).
.
and finish this bit of wall with new baseboard and corner round.
.
.
Then, Daedalus says we can take a shower at home again.

3 comments :

Anne At Large said...

So close! Grout does hide a multitude of sins, and once it's caulked and painted and there's a curtain on there you will wonder what you were worrying about!

Carol-Anne said...

If you hadn't pointed it out to me, I wouldn't even have seen the 'crookedness'! It's so much better!

onshore said...

Wow, it's already looking amazing! I don't even see any crookedness.
Love the edge of the tiling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...