Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Basement Progress

I haven't been down there in a week.

Not even to do laundry.

My husband and my son were busy down there last week, building the framing, putting up the insulation and vapour barrier--and then the wallboard.

It is hard to see--and my husband doesn't stage anything for pictures, but they worked on this area under the stairs:

unfortunately, we had some insulation left over.

and came out the other side (in the new "games room")


and went around the corner for a bit.



That's what my husband intended to get done. He's quite happy.

My husband and I will finish up this wall in the last week of April. It continues on behind the shelves.

Now, we need to wash and paint these walls...and put back everything that came out from under the stairs!

4 comments :

onshore said...

Applauds to your husband and son. Very well done. It even looks better now that walls are white and clean, even though stuff is of course out of their own places.

I know you have your hands full of the basement organizing and renovating but do you have any plans about spring clean?

Alana in Canada said...

I'm dying to spring clean...just not sure I'll really have time for it.
Are you doing some?

Rita said...

Looks great! I know what a big job this is. No staged photos required. :-)

onshore said...

Alana, I think I should spring clean. Maybe nothing as extensive as in previous years. Maybe a bit lighter version would be appropriate? I could even "host" one if you like?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...