Friday, August 22, 2014

Starting Again

Hello, my friends.

It seems I took the summer off!

School starts up here just after Labour Day weekend (so, on September 2nd.) That means that when I'll be home there won't be anyone here but me and the dog. I am looking forward to my solitude again! The only way I have been able to create it this summer has been to chain myself to the computer and read.

The first and second of four.

I've been participating a lot over at You Look Fab, as well, pursuing a new hobby of buying, returning, and wearing great clothes. I've done the usual total submersion thing I do whenever I am learning something new, and now that I've come up for air, I find I need to do a few things around the house.

Egads. Such a lot to do.

Today, I am focusing on the basics: dishes and laundry.

The second of three loads done.


I want to come up with a plan for maintaining the house so that, when I have a few hours to myself, or a day off, it doesn't make my skin crawl or call me to do lots of impossibly time consuming tasks when all I want to do is rest and relax.

I'll let you know how that goes, if it goes at all.

4 comments :

Marian said...

"Maintaining the house so that...it doesn't make my skin crawl". This. Exactly this. After a summer of chauffeuring, where housework has taken a backseat (or, continuing with the metaphor, has been left on the side of the road altogether), I'm looking forward to a serious fall cleaning.

Glad you're back; I really enjoy your blog :)

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks.

Rita said...

Glad you are back! What I try to do with housework is a little bit all the time. Cleaning stuff when it is small, rather than waiting for it to get bigger. Yeah, haven't been doing so well with that this summer. Harder somehow when the house is full of people all the time. Looking forward to seeing what you try.

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks, Rita. I hope your summer break was restorative.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...