Sunday, September 28, 2014

Accountability Post: Maintaining Momentum

I promised myself I could have a "day off" this schedule on days I worked more than six hours. That was Monday and Friday. 


All told, it was a pretty good week.

I didn't exercise as much as I wanted too (only once this week). I'll have to make that more of a priority next week.

I didn't do it alone, either. I enlisted help.

sorry about the blur, I was laughing at my son's reticence to admit to the world he does dishes.


I put the duvet back on the bed for winter and played around with the pillows for fun colour combinations.



It didn't take long to pick things up and put them away, but I had to be diligent. I won't lie: it took some effort. Reminding myself that I committed to taking as much as half an hour in the morning helped. A half hour on housework feels just doable. (And I likely didn't even spend that long on actual housework.)

I worked on a few projects this week. I did our taxes (finally!) and submitted them to a friend for filing. I ran some things I'd decluttered to Value Village (a charity shop). And, boom da da boom, after a false start on Sunday (where thirty degrees plus wind made putting on that final coat an impossibility. I had to sand it off and start over later in the week) I finished painting the kitchen cabinet doors! I asked my husband to reattach them for me.



 I like it! I was so afraid I wouldn't, but as I'd hoped, painting the small lower cabinets a nice dark colour (Dragonfly by Benjamin Moore in Advance High Gloss) helps them balance against those massive uppers. (Ugh. That yellow has to go.)

I take it back. It wasn't a good week--it was a great week. I took a few hours, again, on Saturday morning and vacuumed, cleaned the bathrooms, and mopped the floors. So, we have a clean slate for the upcoming week. It is going to be a busy one with the launch of the One Room Challenge. (October 2nd). I am so excited.

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...