Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Pantry: At Last. and Experimenting on my Face

Dear lord, was it really Assignment #4?

I know I hadn't been ready for it when it came.

But I have done it now.

I have, actually, tackled this particular bookshelf which I call my pantry many, many times. I actually love this strange unit--a holdover from my childhood when it used to be stuffed with record albums. I've expanded it with closet organizer shelving.


It sits in the basement opposite my laundry area.



My goal was to re-organize it, declutter the old stuff and wipe out every cubby.

To be honest, it was daunting.

The first surface, emptied.

It took about an hour.


The oldest thing I found was a box of lemon pie filling mix.

sigh.

2004.

I'm not even sure how that is possible as I have purged the pantry more than once in the last ten years! Maybe I got it from my Mom? Maybe I just never looked at it?

I also found my stash of peppermint tea. I thought I'd had some! And it was just in time, too The largest package expires next month.

So, here we are.

Ta Da!



I also did today's assignment--clearing out the bathroom cabinets. Nothing too exciting there.

The wall cabinets in the bathroom downstairs:


These two cabinets are right beside one another.



The bathroom "cabinets" upstairs:

All that's left is my daughter's toothbrush. I don't know why she doesn't like keeping it in the cabinet.



The oldest things I found?

ahem, cough, ahem, those cleansers and moisturizers?

yeah, those.

dated 1996.

sssh.

(I actually put some moisturizer on my face to see if it was Ok. As it sat there and sat there and refused to be absorbed, I started to feel all weird. What if it gave me a rash or something? So, I grabbed some tp and wiped it off immediately. What was I thinking?)

I just may take that rack down.

Boom da da boom.

6 comments :

C a i t l i n said...

I have been on a bit of a break from my computer so I am just now seeing all of this organizing, purging and cleaning you are doing. wow. I'm impressed. I always like to do these activities especially with a bit of a caffeine buzz. Must get that Marie Kondo book, although I could end up with a very empty home -sometimes things that don't bring me joy can have value in a pinch. Your house looks great, your year sure is getting off to a productive start.

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks Caitlin. I am well into the groove, now.

Marian said...

You're simply flying through your house! Well done, and thanks for the laugh this morning. I chuckled over the moisturizers dated 1996!

Alana in Canada said...

Marian--glad I could add some cheer to your day. :)

Rita said...

I am full of admiration for the way in which you just keep working at this. Makes me tired just reading about all you've done.

Alana in Canada said...

Oh Rita! Me too.

1) The Cure is on!

2) I have four days off in a row. What else would I do?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...