Thursday, March 5, 2015

Back at It

My apologies.

A couple of weeks ago, while I was at work, my husband got a call from my Mom. She'd fallen and was in a lot of pain. She couldn't get up. Would he come and take her to the chiropractor?

He took her straight to the hospital. She was there for five days while they found lots of little things and maybe pnuemonia. Gallstones--but not in a good place to operate. It was quite frustrating.

Then they released her--and, oh my goodness, her home. She had really been unwell for a long time. The kids and I cleaned like the dickens.

And I confronted the fact, again, that Mom is a hoarder--or something. She can declutter. She can make decisions to let go of things. But, then, for some unknown reason, she goes out shopping and fills the house right back up. We don't know if it is a shopping problem--or a "I don't know how to live with empty space" problem.

Maybe both?

She is feeling better. We have been decluttering. We've been doing all sorts of things to make her house more liveable for her. Whether it stays that way isn't up to me, but I am trying to find her some help.

All I can do is make sure my place stays clutter free.

Today, when I had a moment, I bagged up and got rid of some clutter of my own.



This was collected throughout February.




I was so glad to get it gone.

3 comments :

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I'm sorry about your Mom, and hope she feels better and does better at home with her 'stuff'.

I need to declutter too.

FlowerLady

Marian said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health and home issues, Alana. I had been assuming you were simply busy with your increased hours at work and life-in-general and now to hear all you've been dealing with ... an internet hug to you :(

It's so hard to see a parent struggling with these sorts of issues. I wish you all the best as you try to help her. And good for you for taking the bull by the horns (so to speak) in your own home, so as not to follow down the same path.

Alana in Canada said...

Thank you Lorraine, you are so kind.
Hug happily accepted, Marian.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...