Monday, July 20, 2015

The Housekeeping Challenge Day 2: It Feels Good.

As I was puttering in my bedroom this evening, folding clothes and putting them away, I realised I felt happy. Happy to be moving, clearing, making my surroundings pleasant.

I asked my daughter to clean the upstairs powder room and she did. That will make it super easy to keep up with. My husband pitched in a cleaned up a lot of the kitchen today, too.

I worked today--and I made supper--so I wasn't sure how much of my list I'd get done--but then I thought about this blog and all of you and decided I wanted a before and after picture. Whatever works, right?

But first, the score card. How did I do?

1. Make the bed. 
Yes! 2/2

2. Swish and swipe the bathrooms. (Full bath on the main floor and the powder room upstairs)
no. 0/2
 
3. Put away dishes in dish rack.
Yes. 2/2

4. 15 minute pick up throughout main floor.
I decided to focus just on the dining room table.
1/2

Ta da!
Some of you will notice that the table is sitting on white legs. The table top is actually sitting on top of the old white table. The paper underneath is to catch drips from the goop I was going to put on top of it to seal it two months ago. 

But there. A good before and after and a glimpse of the stalled dining room project for you!


5. Pick up the principle (formerly, master) bedroom
Yes. 2/2

6. Laundry:
Wash one, dry one, fold one, put one away. Not necessarily the same one.
No. 1/2

8. Do the Evening Dishes.
Yes! 1/2 

Tomorrow is another long work day and I plan to focus on getting our meal plan for the week and grocery list together.

But, even though I can't (and probably won't) get it all done--I am glad I am doing something!


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...