Monday, September 7, 2015

A Retrospective: A Series of Rooms, 2007-2014

On this very day, eight years ago, I started this blog. There are more than a thousand published posts.

I started it to record my participation in the old eight week Apartment Therapy Online Cure in the fall of 2007. Those were crazy days.

The first photo ever to appear on the blog. It was a developed photograph--scanned in!

There was a small group of us who started our blogs just so we could share our Cures with each other in greater detail than whatever AT had set up. From the enthusiasm and support of those women, I became hooked--on decorating, doing projects, thinking out loud, and sharing ideas and encouragement.

Though I've dabbled in wardrobe planning, and gardening, organizing and cleaning, my main focus on the blog has always been decorating my home. So, in that spirit, I am going to look back at each area of my home and how it has changed over the last eight years. We'll start outside, move our way through the hallways and passageways, look at the hardworking areas, like the bathrooms and the laundry room, then our bedrooms and then on to the dining room, the kitchen and then the living room. I'll post one retrospective a week.

As a grande finale, I'll take us on a tour of the whole house as it is this fall.
Pinky swear.

I hope you enjoy the series.

1. The Front and Back Yards, 2007-2014
2. Passageways: Entrys, Hallways and Stairs, 2007-2014
3. The Bathrooms, Laundry Room and Pantry, 2007-2014
4. The Bedrooms, 2007-2014
5. The Dining Room, 2007-2014
6. The Kitchen, 2007-2014
7. The Living Room, 2007-2014


5 comments :

Rita said...

Looking forward to this!

Alana in Canada said...

Really, Rita? Thank you so much for that. As I have been putting it together I have had my doubts anyone would be interested other than me.

So, whew. And yay.

MMarie said...

I'm looking forward to it too~

Carol-Anne said...

I've been reading since pretty much the very beginning. Looking forward to the whole house tour!

onshore said...

Wow 8 years! I'm interested too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...