Thursday, January 14, 2016

Cleaning the Cleaning Closet




The stars aligned.

One of the projects on my project list just so happened to be an assigned Cure Project!

I first organized this closet--I call it the Cleaning Closet because it holds most of my household cleaning supplies--as well as other essentials like lightbulbs and hand towels and vaccuum cleaner bags--back during the Spring Cure of 2011.




It has been working well for me all these years--and I hadn't touched a thing, since.

So, as you can imagine, things were, ahem, dirty. Namely, the carousels, or lazy susans, if you prefer.


This project was only supposed to last 30 minutes. Didn't matter if we didn't get done, Janel said. Just start.

So I started at the top. Emptied everything out. Wiped down the shelf paper. Washed the carousels.

After 30 minutes I had this:


and this:


and this:


I couldn't very well leave it like that, now could I?

So, I swept out the bottom and then, carefully, put everything back.


I managed to fill one bag with trash (doorknob) and two bag with donations (floor). It was mostly stuff related to the dog we don't use anymore--including two stuffies. The animal shelter should enjoy them!


That felt good. A big win.


****************************************************
Want to know how this all turns out? Have these posts delivered right to your inbox!






**************************************************

1 comment :

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me, I have to clean out my cleaning closet now. And yes, we finally got rid of our Lazy Susans too; those things seem to take up more space than they're worth and even when we entertain, we don't find a use for them. It seemed like everybody got a set back in the '70s.

Bo Tolbert @ HJS Supply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...