Thursday, February 11, 2016

40 Bags in 40 Days: Day 2. I Can See the Table!





Just like yesterday, today wasn't hard either--though this table has been cluttered beyond reason for more than a year.



Most everything has a home: it just wasn't there, it was here! After I'd made the floor inaccessible with boxes and boxes of books last year, I just started dumping things here to be dealt with "later."

Thank goodness, "later" was today!



I just dumped the contents of this entire box straight into the garbage (after fishing out the recyclable jar). It actually came from the top drawer of the dresser in the back hallway. I was keeping it all "just in case." Well, it's time to evict Justin Case!

It took me about 45 minutes to get this far.



I was interrupted by a phone call. I was going to quit and call it "good enough" -- but when I went back down with some laundry, I thought about how great it would be to come down tomorrow and see a clear table! I figured it wouldn't take much to finish up--and it didn't.




Today's "bag" (things collected for donation):




It'll be great to have this space for sorting!

ugh. Hubs insists they are worth "some money." But guess who has to find out?


And today's most satisfying before and after:

Maybe it'll get tougher tomorrow.


If you'd like to read more about this little adventure, you're in luck!

Introduction: The 40 Bag Basement.


****************************************************
Want to know how this all turns out? Have these posts delivered right to your inbox!






**************************************************

4 comments :

t said...

Good for you, Alana.

It is going to be a cold weekend - you may have inspired me to spend some time in my basement. Things are piling up and it is time to do some purging.

Alana in Canada said...

Go for it, t! You can't leave it too long down there. It has been unseasonably warm here this winter--else I wouldn't be in the basement until March!

Debbie W said...

This must be very satisfying to see more room in your basement & get "Justin Case" (love it) out the door! You have inspired me to start in my guestroom because I would die of embarrassment to show this room to anyone let alone let them sleep in there! wish me luck

Alana in Canada said...

Good luck, Debbie! You've got this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...