Monday, February 8, 2016

The AT Cleaning Report: Week 1. A (very) Partial Success.


When I finished the January Cure, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't fall back into my slothful ways. A fellow curer mentioned the AT 30 Day Cleaning Schedule. I copied it into my Bullet Journal and promised myself I would begin February 1st.

ahem.

I forgot all about it, actually, until Saturday, the 6th. I briefly thought about doing all the days previous just to catch up--but I was in the middle of doing the entry ways, so I consoled myself with the thought that it will all come 'round again.

Indeed it will.

The schedule includes 16 tasks spread out among 30 days. It also stipulates doing dishes and a load of laundry every day. My favourite thing about it though, is that it promises you can do these 16 tasks in just 20 minutes a day. And if that's true--then this is doable.

I started on the 6th with the assignment to clean the bathrooms. So, I did.



I set the timer for 20 minutes--and I stuck to just the downstairs bathroom (which really needed it!).

On Sunday, the 7th, the assignment was to clean all the windows (inside side only) and the mirrors. I had no idea I had so many mirrors in the house! Essentially, I have one in every room except the dining room and my son's bedroom, though we won't count the two in my daughter's room.

Let's see. On the main floor, there's the bathroom, of course and

the Living Room:



Kitchen:



Front and back Hallway:



Upstairs, there's the bathroom,

the three in our room,



and a little set of square stick-on mirrors from Ikea which I put in this space between the arch and the second floor. There is a south facing window, opposite--you can see the light from it so clearly! I simply wanted more light on the stairs. I love it.



That is the main reason I have so many mirrors--to bounce the light around.

I set the timer and I sprinted round the house--and at the end, I even had six minutes to devote to this beast:



So, it was doable. And it felt great.

I plan on posting about this weekly.



****************************************************
Want to know how this all turns out? Have these posts delivered right to your inbox!






**************************************************

2 comments :

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great inspiration!

Have a good week ~ FlowerLady

Alana in Canada said...

Thanks Lorraine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...