Thursday, March 17, 2016

Inspired by: Painted Ceilings.


I love the look of a painted ceiling.

Such drama!


Such impact!

I was reminded of them recently when I went through some old notes I found while clearing out the basement files. I'd written:

  • Ceiling Height: perception of height can be manipulated with colour. "Paint the entryway ceiling a deep neutral and the white ceilings in nearby rooms automatically rise." from Small House, Big Style, BH&G, 2000

Bam.



Using colour to change one's perception of the volume of space. What's not to love?

Ceilings seem to come in two versions.

Flat.



and liquid.

source

As much as I love a lacquered ceiling, the surface beneath the paint has to be perfectly perfect. And mine is most definitely not. In fact, I am kind of hoping a dark ceiling will help hide the gouges and cracks.




So guess what's my next project?





****************************************************
Want to know how it all turns out? Have these posts delivered right to your inbox!






**************************************************

2 comments :

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

so, I painted my daughter's ceiling hot pink in our last house. While I enjoyed the look for a while, be aware that it will make the ceiling look lower, and give a glow of whatever color you pick (so if you pick hot pink, the whole room will have a pink glow).

Alana in Canada said...

Good to know, Lisa. It is a bit of an experiment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...